Nas and Ms. Lauryn Hill to tour together, dates announced
Nas and Ms. Lauryn Hill have announced that they will be touring together this fall across the country. The Life Is Good/Black Rage tour will see Nas headline solo for a few dates before Lauryn Hill joins him, starting Octover 29 in Dallas. Nas and Ms.
September 20, 2012
Nas and Ms. Lauryn Hill have announced that they will be touring together this fall across the country. The Life Is Good/Black Rage tour will see Nas headline solo for a few dates before Lauryn Hill joins him, starting Octover 29 in Dallas. Nas and Ms. Hill appeared together earlier this year at Hot 97’s Summer Jam in New Jersey, though they had barely enough time to perform “If I Ruled The World”, Nas’ classic joint from his sophomore effort, It Was Written. If you missed that show, here’s your chance to finally see that song performed live with both principals.
In addition to the tour, Ms. Hill announced that she will be releasing new material and that will feature into the new tour. “Black Rage” is the featured track, prominent in the title of the tour, an upcoming single from the singer that tackles the subject of the effects of racial inequality and abuse. Expect a message of social justice in her new music, as she states in the announcement, “As artists we have opportunity to help the public evolve, raise consciousness and awareness, teach, heal, enlighten and inspire in ways the democratic process may not be able to touch”.
The tour will also support Nas’ latest release, Life Is Good, which broke on the Billboard 100 at #1 with over 149,000 copes sold in the first week.
The tour will have their last stop with both headliners at the Fox Theater in Oakland. General onsale tickets for that show, and many other dates, will be available this Friday, with a pre-sale starting today for selected dates.
Here are the rest of the dates, shows with * only feature Nas:
- October 13: Columbia, MD; Merriweather Post Pavilion*
- October 20: Phoenix, AZ; Arizona State Fairgrounds*
- October 26: Asheville, NC; MOOG Festival*
- October 27: Nashville, TN; Riverfront Park*
- October 28: New Orleans, LA; Voodoo Festival*
- October 29: Dallas, TX; Palladium Ballroom
- October 31: Houston, TX; Bayou Music Center
- November 2: Atlanta, GA; Tabernacle
- November 3: Norfolk, VA; NorVa Theatre*
- November 4: Washington, DC; DAR Constitution Hall
- November 7: Philadelphia, PA; Electric Factory
- November 9: Rochester, NY; Main Street Armory
- November 11: Boston, MA; House of Blues
- November 14: Chicago, IL; Congress Theatre
- November 16: Denver, CO; Fillmore Auditorium
- November 17: Magna, UT; Salt Air
- November 19: Oakland, CA; Fox Oakland Theater
- December 31: New York, NY; Radio City Music Hall*